Friday, April 24, 2009

John Fogerty: "Centerfield"

Oh man, what a beautiful weekend ahead! NYC will finally be in the 80s! And you know what that means? Bridge and Tunnelers coming into the city and clogging the streets! Euro Trash hogging the space near the bar! Hipster douchebags eating their quiche and drinking latte's on the sidewalks! But, my favorite part, FAVORITE part, is... No bulky clothes... on women. Jackets are coming off! Oh it's beautiful!

And what also comes with the warmer weather are great days for Baseball! The MLB season is underway, and although the Mets and Yanks are off to slow starst, I'm sure they'll be ok.

So go out to this beautiful weekend to see a game. If anything, it's time to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!

SOTD

"Centerfield"
John Fogerty
Centerfield
1985

This is the ultimate baseball song. When I hear the clapping at the beginning, I get excited and makes me want to get my glove and go play catch.

Interesting Tidbit: Centerfield was John Fogerty's best selling solo album. This song and "Old Man Down the Road" were the two singles.

Interesting Tidbit: John played this at the official opening of the New Yankee Stadium


1 comment:

  1. Another interesting tidbit:
    My dad grew up down the street from John Fogerty.

    ReplyDelete