Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jackson Browne: "Doctor My Eyes"

Today is one of the more depressing days in recent history. Yes, the sun is shining, it's thirsty Thursday, the weather is turning warmer. All positive things I know, but today... I learned that I need to wear glasses! I get choked up even saying it. What happened to my perfect vision! They would only be needed for reading. But still, I would always pride myself of my awesome eyesight, and would openly mock people who had awful vision. Karma is a bitch. So hopefully I'll get a nice pair, probably something nerd-chic, thick frames, makes me look deep and intellectual. Or something like that.




I just cant stop thinking about it... ARGH!



SOTD



"Doctor My Eyes"
Jackson Browne
Jackson Browne
1972


The song isn't about someone losing their eyesight, I must admit. But the title fits my sadness of having to resort to wearing glasses. And I like Jackson Browne.


Jackson Browne comes from the California Sound of singer/songwriter music in the 70s. He was best friends with The Eagles and Linda Rondstadt.

Interesting Tidbit: This song was Jackson's first top 10 hit in 1972 and didnt reach the top ten again until 1982 with "Somebody's Baby."

Interesting Tidbit #2: Jackson wrote one of the The Eagles' most successful songs, "Take it Easy."

So please, take a listen and feel my pain.


Email Me:
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment